Chile: Top One in Best in Travel of Lonely Planet.
Chile is a sinewy sliver of a nation, isolated from the rest of South America (and indeed the world) by the soaring Andes to the east, the vast Pacific Ocean to the west, the bone-dry Atacama Desert up north and the impenetrable wilds of Patagonia down south. From its disparate extremes to the ever-trendier capital of Santiago at its heart, the country’s citizens will unite in 2018 to mark 200 years of independence. Thanks to new non-stop flights from both London and Melbourne, it’s never been easier to catch a plane, raise a glass of pisco sour and toast the celebration.
According worldly adventurer this recognition is due to at least 10 reasons:
1. Incredible hiking through surreal landscapes?
2. It’s got a delicious – and colourful – national culture.
3. It’s home to one of South America’s oldest ancient sites.
4. Want to be bewitched by high-altitude landscapes?
5. More of a city slicker?
6. untouched wild corners that’ll leave you reeling
7. The ultimate road trip?
8. Love wine, good views and even better food?
9. Ready for an extreme adventure?
10. Looking for friendly hospitality and a warm welcome?
You can see the full article at https://www.worldlyadventurer.com/chile-2018-top-travel-destination/
Original Web: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-travel/countries